This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Friday 1 October 2010

Check out my money saving tips-being a dad is expensive-

As we are having another baby boy, I would have thought that we had most stuff we would need for our new arrival.

Turns out my wife didn't share this view and you would be amazed how much we have had to buy ahead of our second child. Having a baby can be expensive so here are a few tips that might help:

1. Buy goods on a money back credit card and earn a % of everything you buy. This website gives you a few options:
http://www.which-credit-card-4u.co.uk/?src=cpc&_s_ref=ICt5kY36S&kw=best%20cash%20back%20credit%20card&creative=3089961105&campaign=c4tf9WL5S&gclid=CLzRoYjOsaQCFan-2AodYCd9yg

2. When you buy on-line, do so through a cashback site. I use one that my work have set up but there is a guide on money saving expert that helps you see how this works and choose which one to use:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites

3. Always shop on sites like http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/ before hitting "buy" to make sure you haven't missed any offers that might be out there

4. If you are buying from Mamas and Papas, then before you do so, check out their little known and not advertised outlet stores. We got the dresser we wanted from there at £200 less than it's catalogue price and that was after we spent money getting a courier to bring it down to us from Stoke to Bournemouth. The stores I know about are in Stoke and Huddersfield. We didn't visit but just called them to see if they had what we wanted (and they did!)

If anyone has any other tips, let me let other dads know!

No comments:

Post a Comment