This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Thursday 7 October 2010

New baby not far off: how to get Ollie to welcome it

We have heard too many stories of first children not taking well to the arrival of a new baby who might dilute some of the attention they have so far had completely to themselves.

Bribery seems to be the route we are going at the moment and on the gave of it, the tactic is working so far as Ollie is telling us he wants the baby to come as Hr is bringing him a present. When thenbaby is actually here, I wonder if he will still be excited?

Any ideas how to deal with this from other dads who have gone through the arrival of a second child would be really welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment