This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Wednesday 13 October 2010

How funny is it when kids learn new words?

One of the things that amuses me most is that every day, Ollie's speech and the way he says things develops.

He has just learnt to say "I don't know" when you ask him something he doesn't know the answer for but he pronounces it with really precise annunciation (unlike most other things he says) so it sounds REALLY cute.

Then, when you tell him the answer, he apologises "Ohhh, I'm sorry, I didn't know that"

It absolutely cracks me up every time but also melts me a little bit as well

Mind you, I am not kidding myself that he is going to be so polite for very long- he is a boy's boy so I know this is just a phase I need to appreciate while it lasts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment