This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Why do kids illnesses not have an early warning system

Came home to a disaster zone tonight- not only is Ollie I'll but now Victoria is as well.

It is an occupational hazard for a parent that you get what the kids have so you always expect it but Ollie being ill was just one of those things that you don't see coming. After a really busy and fun sunday he all of a sudden started coughing and spluttering and had a horrible night all bunged up bless him.

With an adult you kind of know when you are about to come down with something but with kids you never know and that means it is just a nightmare when it happens.

Lesson to new parents- ALWAYS have calpol in the house: it is the only way you can be anywhere near prepared

No comments:

Post a Comment