This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Thursday 14 October 2010

Trying to explain to a toddler about an impending new arrival

A friend has lent us a couple of books that try and help explain to a first child about what happens when mummy is pregnant and what is likely to happen with the arrival of a new brother and sister.

With a couple of weeks to go, I have been reading these to Ollie to try and make sure he knows what is going on.

It seems to be working as I have read this (at Ollie's request) for the last four nights and he is now telling me that it is Joshua (our apparently #1 name choice) in mummy's tummy and that he will soon be arriving to bring him a present (see previous post!!)

I would definitely recommend one of these which is called "There's a house inside my mummy's tummy".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Theres-House-Inside-Orchard-Picturebooks/dp/1841210684

Sounds wierd I know but Ollie really seems to get it!

Don't just take my word for it, these reviews are on line:

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/junior-book/there-s-a-house-inside-my-mummy-giles-andreae/#revs

No comments:

Post a Comment