This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Monday 8 November 2010

Eight days late and still no sign of baby. Yesterday brought an interesting experience

Victoria had another stretch and sweep yesterday and I got "lucky" enough to watch.

It reminded me of the tv programme 'All Creatures Great and Small' that mum used to watch. Those of you who can remember it will be able to picture the (fairly regular) scenes that saw the vet James Herriott put on his rubber glove, slide his hand up a cow's backside and wangle it around describing what he felt as he went.

The midwife yesterday performed a very similar turn. It must have been pretty uncomfortable to say the least for Victoria. I didn't enjoy the exeperience much either as, aside from watching this being performed on the one I love, I was getting vivid flashbacks to my recent prostrate examination ( Gents, if you haven't had one yet, this is not one of the good things about getting older).

Anyway, she is 2cm dilated, the baby's head is in the right position and there are mild twinges in the right area this morning so fingers crossed for today....

No comments:

Post a Comment