This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Monday 29 November 2010

The carvery conundrum

So, we went out to lunch yesterday at a lovely pub in the New Forest.

You know the sort: all low beams and roaring log fires. Victoria and I had the carvery and that left the question what to do with Ollie's food. We wanted him to have a roast but they charge six quid for a kid's portion. Now , I am not being tight but I don't want to pay six quid for a two year old's meal. We did the obvious thing then and created him a little meal off our plates.
It worked out fine but the pub obviously don't like this happening as getting a side plate off them to serve Ol's meal was like pulling teeth...

No comments:

Post a Comment