This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Birthing leaflets- the funniest thing you will ever read!

Victoria brought home a birthing advice leaflet from her ante natal yoga class last night (lesson one- always take an immediate interest in these things and treat it as though it is the sports pages of the newspaper) and you can't help but laugh at what is written on it.

There were a couple of golden nuggets though:

1. That she should take things like breath spray and perfume with her as it is nice to feel fresh during labour?! What is more, they advise that the birth partner also uses these; as if she will even notice whether I have a fragrant aroma or not.... "hang on love, I know you are at a vital stage but I need to grab a shower so I am at my best for you so if you could just stop pushing for a few minutes..."

2. That although the contractions are hard work, when it comes to the pushing, the mother feels an "altogether more pleasant feeling". I have asked Victoria and she was unable to confirm that the pushing was a lovely time first time around......

Who writes this stuff? Classic

No comments:

Post a Comment