This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Thursday 26 August 2010

The night even calpol didn't work

Well, after my moaning about Ollie not getting to sleep, the last few mights have been easier and last night he went off without a peep

Come 3am though a different story- Ollie came in to our room telling me a book needed putting away. Not an irregular occurence as he has ome of my tidiness OCD. The problem was that between then and me leaving the house at 6am, he pretty much remained awake.

Victoria spent a chunk of time with him trying to calm him back to sleep to no avail. I was up and down on several occasions and on each one he started to get more upset saying his mouth hurt and then his tummy hurt and then it was his ear. Who knows if any of it was true because even though they can speak at two, they can't really tell you  what is properly the matter.

I tried calpol, spent an hour in with him (during which he did doze) and then eventually brought him in with us which normally does the trick although is a last resort to avoid it becoming an all too appealing habit.

I haven't yet come across the manual that solves problems like this but if you are a new dad, strap yourself in and just accept you are going to be tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment