This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Friday 13 August 2010

Hi to cyberspace....This is day one of a brave new world for me!


The reason I have set up a blog is that my wife and I have a new addition on its' way to our little family and there are loads of places that Victoria can go and find things out about pregnancy, what to buy, where to buy, what is going to happen to us that has happened to others etc etc on sites such as Emma's Diary


For a Dad it is a whole lot different though; I never managed to find a favourite site the first time around and certainly couldn't tune in to any of the books that are out there as they just want to tell you what to do and frankly, scared the life out of me with what seemed like the horrors of parenthood and how life as you know it is coming to an end

So what am I trying to do?


Well this will be a diary really. I will try and update it every day and it won't be a ramble but as every dad or expectant dad knows, every day brings something to talk about. Some days it will be questions and other days it is stories. I am going to share mine with you and if it makes good reading great!


A little advance warning though- tomorrow I am at the 2020 cricket and so will attempt to update via my iPhone (hopefully before too much beer has flowed...) so it could be a miracle of modern technology or, more likely, a disaster






No comments:

Post a Comment