This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Bank Holiday Weekend

Sometimes you reflect on what feels like a great time at the time and then realise later on just how special it was.
 Sunday was a day like that- I took Ol out for the day on my own as Tor was feeling the effects of being seven months pregnant and we spent an afternoon in town at the excellent Dinosaur expo at the BIC http://www.bic.co.uk/events/event_details.asp?event=5236. We then followed this up with coffee and a cake (the eating machine polished off a Oain au Chocolat with no assistance-gone are the days of sharing) and then a walk down to the beach and some paddling (which of course turns into jumping and then a very soaked toddler).

 Even at the tender age of two, you can see a real force of personality shining through and every day something new comes out in him. on Sunday I learnt that however much you worry about them at this age, they don't share your fear and are capable of a whole lot more than you think- have a look at the attached video.....

No comments:

Post a Comment