This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Thursday 19 August 2010

how do you get a two year old to sleep?......

after an almost perfect first year and a half of sleeping from 7.30 right through for 12 hours, the last couple of months have seen this new phenomenon of our just turned two year old decide that he no longer needs to go to bed when we decide

we have come to learn every trick in the book from "i've got a poo in my nappy" (when he hasn't) to "sing me a song" to my knee hurts" (probably does from getting in and out of bed so many times)

we are trying all the techniques- Victoria is a big fan of Supernanny but still he fights going to sleep and lat night we could still hear him at 10pm

it isn't a big deal compared to some people's ordeals that you hear about but any advice would be welcome (we are currently trying soothing stories via a stereo)

No comments:

Post a Comment