This is my story as I stumble my way through family life

With one toddler and another new arrival on the way, this blog shares with you some of the things I see and think and also hopefully gives newer dads and dads to be some ideas based on what I did (or often, did not...) learn

Wednesday 2 February 2011

No time for bedtime stories?...

I read in the paper this week that over half of parents do not have the time to read their kids a bedtime story any more.

I have got to say I find that sad if it is true, not just for the kids but for the mums and dads. I know people lead busier lives than ever before and I don't do a 9-5 job by any means but I will do my utmost to get home to read Ollie a bedtime story. I don't get to see much of him during the week as I am out of e house before he gets up but if I didn't get the twenty mins or so with him just before he goes to sleep, I feel like I would miss too much: now he is at nursery and really able to converse, this is a great time for him to tell me about his day and what he did.
We might all be busy but I want to spend that time with him and be there as he grows up as you can see a small difference every day.

My feeling is that you miss it and it is gone: that is time you will never get back.

Besides, how would I perfect my international range of accents if I didn't get to try them on all the characters in the stories each night : ollie's thinks I am a multi lingual genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment